Contract Type: Voluntary Role
Required for: ASAP or September 2023
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2023, 10:00am
MTOAT may close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a high level of responses.
Wallingford School’s Governing Body is looking for a Community Governor. A governor is expected to hold the school to account for the decisions it makes and how these decisions impact students. Governors are responsible for ensuring the school raises standards for all students both in terms of their attainment and their experience at school.
The role offers an opportunity to play a role in a key part of the school community which is constantly striving for improvement, to work alongside a group of highly talented people with a broad array of skills from a rich mix of corporate, SME and third sector backgrounds. A rewarding experience that will have a positive impact on the lives of the students and teachers within the school and the wider community as a whole.
Wallingford School’s Full Governing Body (FGB) usually meets together once (sometimes twice) a term. We also have three committees with a particular focus:
- Resources - finance, staffing, buildings and health and safety
- Wellbeing - pastoral issues, special needs, safeguarding
- Performance, Teaching and Learning (PeTaL) - student progress, attainment, staff development
- Complete the community governor application form here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SP2HVW2
- Send a copy of your current CV if you have one, and a brief covering letter to address the following: Please tell us why you wish to be a governor of Wallingford School and what you hope to contribute to the development of the school.